Wednesday, May 11, 2005

The Halls Of WCL Are Alive With The Sound Of Music

So John listed 15 songs that are getting him through exams. I have in turn made my own list, albeit a bit shorter. I have reasons for listening to some of them frequently as of late; others are just catchy to me right now for some unknown reason. Here goes my list:

1. "Jesus of Suburbia," Green Day (The "getting me pumped" song of the hour. And if you didn't know better, you wouldn't think Billy Joe could write such a powerful song.)

2. "99 Problems," Jay-Z (Inspiration for an away message. You can't get much higher homage than that.)

3. "Lost & Found," DJ Shadow (A very cool drum beat that I can't stop listening to. Reminds me a lot of Sunday, Bloody Sunday.)

4. "Best Imitation of Myself," Ben Folds Five

5. "My First Song," Jay-Z (He is one angry motherfucker!)

6. "All Falls Down," Kanye West

7. "Frontin'," Jamie Cullum (The kid's voice is amazing. He should like he should have been performing 50 years ago with the Rat Pack in Vegas.)

8. "Some Fantastic," Barenaked Ladies

9. "Everything In Its Right Place," Radiohead (Uplifting and motivational in an odd, abstract way.)

10. "Democracy in Kind," State Radio

Here are some songs that I should be listening to for motivation, but I'm not. Notice the connection between the themes of these songs and the classic "no respect" cliches that athletes give during the postseason. Maybe they're linked through following the NBA Playoffs and cheering for the Suns. Who knows?

1. "Me Against The World," 2Pac

2. "I Want It All," Queen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home