Friday, February 04, 2005

No wonder Everyone's Addicted to Starbucks

Bill Simmons, ESPN's "Sports Guy," said this in his Super Bowl Blog about Starbucks:

"Say what you want about Starbucks, but you will not find a stronger cup of coffee on the planet. I'm convinced they put crack in it. Seriously. Eighteen months ago, I hated Starbucks and everything it represented. Now I can't drink any other coffee without getting a headache. How can you explain this? I'm convinced we're headed for one of the biggest scandals ever here. And just for the record, Peter and I stayed for an hour talking football, and he ordered TWO grande hazelnut lattes during that time. No wonder he can do 400 call-in interviews in six hours -- the man is running on pure hazelnut."

I think he's onto something here. It's just too bad that the Starbucks hater nation lost one more...

1 Comments:

At 10:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

My only problem with Starbucks is that they burn their beans. I like my coffee strong, but overroasting leads to a bitter taste.

That new Chantico stuff is heavenly, though.

Yours truly,
Mr. X

...mmm...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home